Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know! I know! I am sorry it has taken so long to post. Things have been nuts around here! Well, as for Thanksgiving...it wasn't so bad being millions of miles away from home. Don't get me wrong...We definitely wish we could have been home with friends and family, but it really wasn't too bad. I suppose we decided to be thankful we were able to spend the holiday with our little family, unlike many military service members serving in Iraq. Gracie and I are certainly grateful that we had our Marine home for Thanksgiving!

Instead of celebrating Thanksgiving the traditional way (back home with family), we invited over all of the single Marines from Mike's unit and had a Thanksgiving day feast at our home. I began preparing dinner two days in advance, and if I do say so myself, it turned out beautifully! I couldn't remember exactly how my grandmother prepared all of the dishes back home, so I searched online some recipes and made others by memory. The only thing missing was my grandmother's cornbread stuffing. I had no idea how to make it, and everything online just didn't sound right. I should have just called and asked for it, but I figured everyone else was busy making their own Thanksgiving dinner. Overall, the evening went great and the guys had a terrific time. After cleaning up the kitchen, the guys decided to break out the Monopoly game. Who knew such a simple old game could be so much fun! The one thing that stands out in my mind is when one of the guys said, "Can you move my sewing kit thing two spots?" I assumed that he was referring to his thimble. haha! Gotta love those Marines!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! Although it was a nice alternative, hopefully next year we can celebrate the holiday in the states.




My delicious turkey!!!

Yummy! Desserts!

AWWW! Gracie and Daddy having a moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you have been hiding some talents....HeeHee. Everything looks delish! Linda