Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas!

Well, I tried very hard to capture as many videos and pictures as possible of our 1st Christmas away from home. It is not very easy to get a good picture of Gracie these days...she can't sit still for one second. I did get some cute videos of her opening some of her gifts. Santa came to visit on Christmas Eve morning, and we decided to open all of our gifts on that day as well.

Gracie woke up around her usual time 6:30 a.m. It was definitely rough getting up that early, but we were excited to see Gracie's face when she saw all of her presents. Gracie, however, had a very different reaction...she didn't even want to go near her gifts! When she heard that Santa brought the gifts, she wanted nothing to do with them!!! But, after a while, she finally gave in and explored all the fun stuff.

After Gracie finished opening all of her gifts, Mike and I exchanged our gifts. I bought Mike an antique helmet worn in 1502 by a Japanese warrior at the Imperial Palace. It was definitely a big splurge on my part, but I new he would love it...and he did!! I also LOVED my gift. I was very surprised when I opened the box to find the Tahitian pearl necklace and matching earrings I had admired sometime back. I still can't believe they are all mine!!!

We received so many gifts from friends and family back home, and we are so grateful and blessed to have so many people that took the time to remember us for the holidays. It would have been so nice to be home and celebrate the holidays, but I am constantly reminding myself that at least my Marine is home for Christmas. So many other families are really struggling through the holidays with their Marines over in Iraq or on some other deployment. I would have loved to been home, but this is the next best thing!

So, to spread the cheer, Mike invited his Marines over for Christmas dinner. We had a nice turn out, and I cooked another wonderful meal! Watch out! I am becoming a little Martha Stewart over here! No, I really didn't go all out, but it was a nice meal and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Below are some of the pictures and videos of Christmas Eve morning. Enjoy!











Mike and Gracie holding the Christmas ornaments from Grammy and Grampy




Mike showing welcome mat from Gram and Gramp


Nicole showing off the Tahitian pearl necklace and earrings.


Gracie figuring out which gift to unwrap next.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video's are wonderful but we are so sad that we are not there. Gracie seems to be enjoying her Christmas gifts. Snoopy is joining in the fun, too. Love ya and miss you all..Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Poor Mon is just now getting to view things on the computer. Can't figure out where my time goes. Just a procrastinator. Oh my gosh, what a wonderful Christmas!! Loved the videos and pics. Of course a few tears fell when we viewed them. Hurry home-we MISS all of you.
Mon