Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Camping on Hamahiga Island

Over the weekend, Mike, Gracie, and I packed up and went camping! That's right...I said it! Camping! We slept in tents on the beach and Mike refused to let me bring the air mattress. Overall, we really had a wonderful time. There were 20 + people and tons of kids running around. Gracie quickly got over her fear of sand, and before we knew it, she was covered from head to toe and loving every minute. When the sun went down, we built a nice camp fire, and everyone sat around singing and chatting. We did get a creepy visit by some strange, intoxicated Japanese man wondering around, but it made for an interesting evening. I will admit, we were the first to pack up and leave in the morning. I had all the sand and fun I could stand for one weekend. :-) Not sure if we will ever embark on such an adventure again, but it was a fun experience.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nicole camping--One that would not sweat or get dirty. Looks like fun. What dreamy eyes Gracie has and Mike the proud Daddy.
Mon

Anonymous said...

I think camping agrees with you guys. You look like pro's. We used to have a good time when we went camping. There was never a dull moment. Next time Snoopy needs to be with you guys.